allstate sucks

Use this forum to discuss storm or hurricane matters.

allstate sucks

Unread postby susannah » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:11 am

Allstate does suck because I had 10 feet of standing water in my house for three weeks in new orleans, yet they want to give me $60, 000 to rebulid the house. If they knew...and everyone does know that it is marked for demoilition why not give us the max amount- $140,000? What has to happen in New olreans to get that amount? ...20 feet of standing water for 12 months? Please!!! We just want to move on and have a normal life again.
susannah

Re: allstate sucks

Unread postby Me » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:01 pm

susannah wrote:Allstate does suck because I had 10 feet of standing water in my house for three weeks in new orleans, yet they want to give me $60, 000 to rebulid the house. If they knew...and everyone does know that it is marked for demoilition why not give us the max amount- $140,000? What has to happen in New olreans to get that amount? ...20 feet of standing water for 12 months? Please!!! We just want to move on and have a normal life again.

I think you'd get even less if that happened.
Me
Done That
Done That

Home

Unread postby Mike » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:06 pm

More Information please. How much was your home insured for and how much coverage do you have in your flood policy. What was the reasoning for the 60,000 offer, was that the appraised value of the home or the amount of coverage on the policy? Thanks.
Mike

Mike - go away

Unread postby Sick in New Orleans » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:51 pm

Mike, all of those in New Orleans who had our flood coverage with AllState are already sick to death at how we're being treated. Please go away and let us vent. Your justifications of their actions only make us sicker. There is no excuse that 10 weeks post Katrina, I have not seen one penny from my flood coverage and because AllState has managed to drag their feet, we now have the risk that FEMA will not be funded for any more claims.
Sick in New Orleans

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:49 am

Mike, don't waste your time trying to help this person from New Orleans... this person was more than likely beyond help even before katrina.. They don't understand insurance or their own policies and are now pissed that they waited until after a flood/hurricane to find out whats covered and whether they have enough coverage... beyond the help stage...

Unread postby lurkinglow247@aol.com » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:58 am

Anonymous wrote:Mike, don't waste your time trying to help this person from New Orleans... this person was more than likely beyond help even before katrina.. They don't understand insurance or their own policies and are now pissed that they waited until after a flood/hurricane to find out whats covered and whether they have enough coverage... beyond the help stage...

Let the people vent. the "person" as you said lost everything. She has nothing left of what she once did. YOU are an idiot for trying to flame someone that has lost everything they have ever worked for.
She may not understand every word in her policy, but I will bet you money, that she understand that she has paid in a bunch of money over the years to ALLSTATE, and now she is not getting nearly what she feels she should get! I don't know if you have been inside any of these homes that were flooded. I have, and the best looking homes were very bad!
These people in those areas have nothing. everything was ruined!
Now they have to deal with insurance companies that are going over everything they can, to try and get off as cheap as they can. So let them vent and try to keep your flames over at the walmartsucks.com website
lurkinglow247@aol.com

Lurkinglow

Unread postby Mike » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:36 am

No wonder you quit, got fired, whatever from the Insurance business. You state in one post that commiting fraud is ok. Now you say on this post that people should not know what they are insured for that they just want to vent. Exactly what did you learn in that course on adjusting? Or were you to busy smoking one of those "left handed cigarette's"? Well I'm sorry for the hard times but the question remains the same. You were offered a 60,000 dollar settlement so where did that figure come from, I'm sure the company did not just pull that figure out of their A.S.S.! Was this the coverage on the policy (and yes you should know that info) or was that the appraisal on the home or what? Lurkinglow say's we should let these people vent. Well if you have 60,000 in coverage and they offered you 60,000 than you have nothing to vent. Unless that is you are like a few of the people on this site who think that your 25,000 dollar policy should cover your 300,000 dollars in damages.
Mike

Re: Lurkinglow

Unread postby Me » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:11 pm

Mike wrote:No wonder you quit, got fired, whatever from the Insurance business. You state in one post that commiting fraud is ok. Now you say on this post that people should not know what they are insured for that they just want to vent. Exactly what did you learn in that course on adjusting? Or were you to busy smoking one of those "left handed cigarette's"? Well I'm sorry for the hard times but the question remains the same. You were offered a 60,000 dollar settlement so where did that figure come from, I'm sure the company did not just pull that figure out of their A.S.S.! Was this the coverage on the policy (and yes you should know that info) or was that the appraisal on the home or what? Lurkinglow say's we should let these people vent. Well if you have 60,000 in coverage and they offered you 60,000 than you have nothing to vent. Unless that is you are like a few of the people on this site who think that your 25,000 dollar policy should cover your 300,000 dollars in damages.

Well I do agree with your take on lurkinglow, Mike. But the person sorta implied $140,000 limit on their coverage in the initial post. Either way, we still don't know where that 60k came from.... In either case, if it was marked for demo, I think she has a valid gripe.
Me
Done That
Done That

Re: Lurkinglow

Unread postby lurkinglow@yahoo.com » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:30 am

Mike wrote:No wonder you quit, got fired, whatever from the Insurance business. You state in one post that commiting fraud is ok. Now you say on this post that people should not know what they are insured for that they just want to vent. Exactly what did you learn in that course on adjusting? Or were you to busy smoking one of those "left handed cigarette's"? Well I'm sorry for the hard times but the question remains the same. You were offered a 60,000 dollar settlement so where did that figure come from, I'm sure the company did not just pull that figure out of their A.S.S.! Was this the coverage on the policy (and yes you should know that info) or was that the appraisal on the home or what? Lurkinglow say's we should let these people vent. Well if you have 60,000 in coverage and they offered you 60,000 than you have nothing to vent. Unless that is you are like a few of the people on this site who think that your 25,000 dollar policy should cover your 300,000 dollars in damages.

I quit asshole. Have never been fired from a job in my life! Have never said committing fraud is ok. ALLSTATE says committing fraud is ok, because they are committing fraud on the customers that have been loyal to them……Lots of these people were not aware of what their coverage’s were because they trusted their agents were taking care of their needs. Try this one out in your little pea brain. What about the 70 ish couple, that told their agent what they needed. That they had a duplex house. Wanted both addresses covered for everything. Their agent set them up in one homeowners policy. Told them this covered both addresses and that it would cover their loss of rent on the second address. Told them that they needed only minimal flood damage because their property is elevated and NEVER got in water in the house in the past.
So here comes TWO big bad storms, destroys both properties. Now I come along and have to tell these people that not only do they not have enough to cover their contents, but they have nothing. $20,000 total. On $500,000.00 worth of property. The lady explains to me what her agent told her, that her policy would cover. And it does indeed say it will cover it………BUT not in flood……..Now I have to explain to her that she is getting nothing. NO ALE. That her agent screwed her. That she doesn’t have a landlord policy on the second home.
I can hear your little brain clicking now. But before you say it, think about this. This couple is in their 70’s they come from a period in time where your word is as good, as anything on paper. They trusted their agent and ALLSTATE to take care of them. And ALLSTATE through their agent has screwed this couple.
These people, don’t have 20 years to rebuild what they lost, and they don’t have the resources to replace what it took them a lifetime to accumulate SO yes I say ALLSTATE owes them more than the $20,000, and yes I say that if they can get some of it back by kicking a few shingles off………Go ahead and do it. And HELL yeah I say they have a right to vent. And more SO I say that you are an idiot if you try to tell theses people they have nobody to blame but themselves.
So why don’t you take your head out of your ass, and try to be supportive of victims of this horrific storm, instead of trying to belittle someone because they don’t have your vast knowledge of the insurance world.
This website ALLSTATE sucks is a place for people that feel just that……….That ALLSTATE sucks. It don’t say a place for insurance professionals to post………It is for people that thinks ALLSTATE SUCKS!
I guess that with your abundance of insurance knowledge that you can’t comprehend that?
And as for me, flame, insult, belittle all you want, because I didn’t lose anything to this storm. I was spared and it don’t matter to me what you say. I think you should try laying off the people that are looking for help though, or information. Or just looking to say ALLSTATE SUCKS!!!!
Oh and PS. The couple I spoke of did get just a little bit more, cause I helped them fix some things that ALLSTATE would like to overlook. I sleep just well at night knowing what I did, and would do it again. That and when I quit I told them to get A PA after I helped their situation out a little!
lurkinglow@yahoo.com

Unread postby Me » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:26 am

I seem to remember you saying fraud was OK too. Not going to look for it, because frankly I don't care.

Anyway, if an agent makes a mistake, it's the agent's responsibility. As I've said before on this forum - they hold E&O policies just for this. The agent probably didn't take enough time in explaining the coverages, or the lady was thinking "it'll never happen to me." In either case, you picked the job, not us.

And as I read the rest of your post, you just said again to commit to fraud. "yes I say that if they can get some of it back by kicking a few shingles off………Go ahead and do it." That's fraud buddy. People like you should be in jail. I understand you may have a big heart, but a seriously warped moral compass. A clear example of why we live in a republic and not a democracy.

According to what you've said on these forums, you yourself are an insurance professional - I hate to use that word with you, but someone in the business let's say. We're all here because we know Allstate sucks. Some of us would like to see a little more done than a vent though.
Me
Done That
Done That

policy details

Unread postby Mike » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:41 am

I was looking for additional details on her policy to find out if they had pulled the "bait and switch". They can write your policy for any amount they want 50,000, 75,000, 100,000 or 200,000, but if it is not written on a replacement cost policy and instead is written under a DP3 (dwelling policy) or a DP2 (dwelling policy without contents) depending on the state you may only get actual cash value. It's like buying a car for 20,000 and you put what you think is 20,000 worth of coverage on it. Then you get in an accident and poof, you find out blue book on your car is 15,000, you just received a quick lesson in Gap Insurance. Same deal with the house there are 5 or 6 different type's of policies that explain coverage's differently. I was trying to ascertain if they had placed her on one of these policies (It makes a difference).
Mike

Re: policy details

Unread postby Me » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:04 pm

Mike wrote:I was looking for additional details on her policy to find out if they had pulled the "bait and switch". They can write your policy for any amount they want 50,000, 75,000, 100,000 or 200,000, but if it is not written on a replacement cost policy and instead is written under a DP3 (dwelling policy) or a DP2 (dwelling policy without contents) depending on the state you may only get actual cash value. It's like buying a car for 20,000 and you put what you think is 20,000 worth of coverage on it. Then you get in an accident and poof, you find out blue book on your car is 15,000, you just received a quick lesson in Gap Insurance. Same deal with the house there are 5 or 6 different type's of policies that explain coverage's differently. I was trying to ascertain if they had placed her on one of these policies (It makes a difference).

True.
Me
Done That
Done That

Unread postby repulsiveCEOs » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:30 pm

Remember your local Allstate agent smiling and answering all you questions before you wrote out your first premium check? That first day your agent showed all kinds of mental dexterity and reassured you that Allstate would be prompt in taking care of any future claims. In fact she went so far as to give you her word that what happened at State Farm Bay St. Louis office would never happen at Allstate. After giving her word you wrote that check for car insurance and told the all knowing, smiling agent to call Regions Banks and tell them that Allstate would be your new insurance company. After paying premiums believing premiums would cover what my Allstate policy put into writing - which pay the salaries of Allstate whores and their pimp Edward Libby- Hurricane Katrina strikes. What happened to that all knowing, have all the answers Allstate whore? You do not even have a complicated was it flooding, was it wind, was it meteors. You have simple wind and rain damage. No flooding, just roof, gutter, wet ceiling etc. damage to your home. Your Allstate whore has locked her legs on you. She is no longer smiling. In fact, she pretends to be dumb, having no answers. The perfect Edward Libby Allstate Allstar. She brings out the entire "he was wrong" "that can't be right" "I agree with you" "I don't understand what they are doing either" "let me give you a number to call" "I'll call you back" Allstate package. Those puzzeled looks , the concerned tone. The entire Allstate package. The furrowed brow of concern and shock. She tells you she agrees with you, she tells you that you should be running Allstate. In other words the Allstate whore says and does everything the Allstate pimp Edward Libby and crew expect her to say. Whatever it takes to make you believe they are on your side. Everything but the prompt good faith recovery check that is. The one thing no Allstate whore -expecially those whoring here in Waveland, Bay St. Louis and Diamondhead Mississippi- will ever tell you is that they will lose their whore position if they ever verbally verify what you, the congress and Allstate already know about Allstate.
repulsiveCEOs
New
New

education

Unread postby Mike » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:29 pm

True on all accounts. Education is still the key. There are some who want to know about all the coverages, there are some who want to know the fine lines, and then there are some who don't seem to want to know anything (until they have a claim). This is many times the agents fault for underinsuring a property. However more often than not this is what an agent hears verbatum, " we want the cheapest policy you can find us". I hear this daily which is why I refuse to work with anyone who is only price shopping. You have to protect yourself in all areas of business and unfortunately there is always someone looking to push the blame on to someone else. This remark is for the insurance industry as a whole, not just one particular company. Everyone wants the cheapest coverage out there until their house burns down, and then they expect their policy to pay out like the cadillac plan with all the bells and whistles. One of my very first posts here dealt with a woman who was upset with Allstate because they had already paid her the 25,000 that was on the policy and that was not enough to cover her damages. Her anger was pointed at Allstate and the Insurance industry as a whole. Why was her anger not pointed at the person who did not buy enough coverage, rather than the company who paid everything they had? If you do not understand your policy, DO NOT SIGN IT. If you need help take it to two or three people and have them explain it to you, line by line if need be. My mortgage broker hates me because I will sit there and read all 40 pages of my mortgage agreement before I sign it. But, when all is said and done I know exactly what
I am buying. Unfortunately there is no class you can take for Insurance education (unless you want to get into the field) so you are going to have to self-educate. Read everything you can, study your policy, look up words and phrases you don't understand. Your policy comes with a small glossary to explain terms found in the contract. There are people on this website (no names) who have said "it is not my job to know my policy it's my agents" and my favorite "I don't have time to read through all that stuff". Well think about what Insurance most commonly covers, your house, your car, your business, your health and your life. These are the five most expensive and most important things you will ever own. I don't understand how a little education could be a waste of time here. You say I am wrong? Go back and look at the discussion Forum, the complaint page and every other forum here. "Geico was cheaper" "Progressive was cheaper" "my rates went up" "my rates went down" lot's and lot's of discussions about price but very few about coverage's. Be honest how many of you reading this can tell me without looking if you have replacement cost or actual cash value on your home? How much coverage do you have? If you are on replacement cost is it for an additional 15%, 20%, 25% unlimited? Are your contents covered? How much? Are your bushes, tree's, shrub's, guns, silver, jewelry, and collectibles covered and for how much? Do you have automatic Inflation on your property? How much? Is it 2%, 4%, 6% and does it skip years or is it every year. Do you have earthquake? do you have backup of sewers and drains? Backup of sewers and drains is not automatically covered, it has to be added by endorsement. These are all very important questions that everyone should know. You say that is your agent's job. Well it is to a point. It's also your responsibility. Your agent doesn't know if you just added 5000 in new guns unless you tell him. Maybe as is the trend now, you have refinanced and taken an equity loan or a line of credit to do updates to your home and now you need 120,000 in coverage instead of the 100,000 you used to have. These are all things YOU (the policy holder) need to keep track of.

I ask all of you, go to the file or drawer, pull out your policies, study them, read them, check your coverages. If something looks to low call your agent and have it changed. If there is something you don't understand, call your agent and ask him "explain this to me in terms I can understand". I have to ask my doctor to do that, I don't understand the medical jargon that he and other doctors use. If your agent won't or can't explain it, then maybe it's time for a new agent. Don't shop strictly on price alone, the coverages will usually cripple you. You buy the 75.00 shoes at foot locker because they last. The shoes at K-mart are only 20.00 but will only last 6 months. Now there are things in life you can skimp on, we all do it, I don't think your house, car, health or life fit into that category. I guaranty you if you do this, and understand what you are reading and what you are covered for, you will sleep much better at night
There are people here who will help you if you ask them. I would much rather help you with something now, than have you lose something later and blame the Industry that was "out to screw you". You have Adjustors on this site who will tell you exactly how the adjustment process works, you have agents and brokers who will tell you words and phrases to look out for, and coverage's to make sure you have. You have customer service reps who will tell you the quickest way to get something settled. This is an Industry wide problem and not a particular company problem. And No, I am not a shill or I would be telling you to buy the Allstate product. I don't want you to buy the Allstate product, I want you to buy my product. (last part was a little attempt at humor). I would suggest more but this post is getting a little long as it is.
Mike

what ???? to ask.........

Unread postby crushed » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:45 pm

i dont even know what questions to ask!!!

orange texas was under evacuation orders.
so we leave.
orange had a curfew that prevented residents to return and live, residents could only return to property to see damange.

this curfew was strictly enforced.

the manager at alocal resturant called for her claim- first call.
was told to go see the damage.
she did- law enforcement (at the I-10 exits allowed her entranced) allowd her to do so. she went back to her place of shelter. returned the phone call to allstate who then said that since she could live in her house- it had minimal damage- allstate would not pay for ALE.

but of course the city would not allow its citizens to come home yet for several weeks.

NOW- i would never even think to ask a question like- if my home is not damaged in a hurricane- but the city will not let its citizens in- will allstate pay for ALE in that instance???

or like-
allstate, could you define what is unlivable?
answer-- we have to see what the damage is
NON ANSWER

you are saying that it is the policy holders responsibility to know what questions to ask before buying a policy. Then what is the agent for??!!

i am getting a lawyer -- it is stupid not to.....

i have been working as hard as i can to be honest in my ale and contents for allstate-- meanwhile allstate is doing the absolute least they can for me for my dwelling structure

youre telling us to come with knowledgable questions before we buy a policy- of course you are telling us tha NOW!!!

i really didnt think in my wildest dreams that we would be still living in a camp trailer (which isnt covered by ale BTW) at christmas-time - 3 months after hurricane rita ................ i guess i should have asked that question- how long does it take after a catastrophe to get our dwelling check- a check that is fair and accurate............

><> crushed
crushed

Crushed

Unread postby Mike » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:43 am

The agent can only lead you, make suggestions and finalize the sale. As for your problem in Texas. That is not even an Insurance question per-se. That is going to end up in the court system and I believe it will be defeated. I think Allstate will end up paying ALE for any property or area that was under mandatory evacuation. As for your other concerns of not knowing, I can only deal with the here and now. Sometimes in life we all learn valuable lessons from our mistakes. The responsible thing to do is move on and not let it happen again. If I can help you with anything just let me know. Good Luck.
Mike

allstate BIG CROOKS

Unread postby beaumont » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:39 pm

Don't listen to Mike, get a lawyer! They are free, and if you have a large claim with Allstate you are going to need it.
GOOD LUCK
beaumont

Texas Rita

Unread postby guest » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:29 am

Get a lawyer!! We did and things are changing!! Like someone said, if you have alot of damage, you'll have to fight. Allstate (WILL NOT DO THE RIGHT THING) unless you fight. Our lawyer didn't charge a penny. Yes he'll get something, but to me its worth it. We tried the nice way with ALLSNAKE and it didn't work. Thats when they went to a garbage handbook-started throwing all kind of things at us. I'm not going to listen to their garbage. We have alot of damage, big bucks, and I had the right kind of ins. and I want them to pay. I don't care how long they put everything off!! WHATS RIGHT IS RIGHT!! My main priority was a roof. Got it and the rest can wait!! I've never had to use a lawyer, but when it comes to my home, I'll FIGHT!! This is what ALLSNAKE is counting on, you'll give up. Take what they offer!! PLEASE DON'T!! If they can get someone to repair all the damage from rita, for what they want to pay, send them!! As long as my home is back the way it was, I'll be happy. But I don't think they'll be in business long!!! Just talk to a lawyer, I think you'll be pleased!!

Be careful

Unread postby Mike » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:51 pm

Be careful,I think Allstate paid off all the free lawyers right after they finished paying off the judges and the states Attorney Generals. Is it possible that it type's as stupid as it sounds. Could I please have a cup of coffee and another conspiracy theory.
Mike

Unread postby Guest » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:15 pm

Well, they paid off somebody. How else could they have gotten away with what they've been doing for all these years? There's no other explanation.

Next

Return to Storm & Hurricane Issues