Ex-insurance agent has own brokerage

Allstate employees, please use this forum to offer suggestions about issues you feel might help the company in dealing with claims, or that might help us as insureds to deal with Allstate.

Unread postby RatPak11 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:13 pm

http://www.windsorstar.com/business/ins ... story.html

By Dave Hall,
The Windsor Star
July 26, 2012

Four years after walking away from a 22-year career with Allstate Insurance over a dispute about changing compensation rules, a local agent has landed on his feet and built a new independent agency.

Wally Chafchak resigned from Allstate in May 2008 after the company announced it was cancelling contracts with more than 400 agents, centralizing operations and placing agents in a draw-against-commission compensation plan.

"It was difficult at the time, but I knew the new rules would cut my income by 50 per cent so I decided to go out on my own," said Chafchak, who now operates All Line Insurance Brokers on Huron Church Road. "It was a risk, and we lost quite a bit, but we've been able to revive our business and survive the ordeal."

Chafchak said he was upset at the time about being impacted so severely by a large conglomerate restructuring, but he acknowledges today that "it was for the better in the long run.

"There's a lot to be said for running your own ship and making your own decisions," said Chafchak.

Esther Kafka who quit at the same time as Chafchak now operates Kafka Insurance Brokers, also an independent agency.
RatPak11
Done That
Done That

Return to Employee Suggestions